The Licensed Engineer position is a mid-level position in Approved Aircraft Maintenance Organizations. The main duties are related to preparing the aircraft for maintenance, performing line and base maintenance, correcting defects, performing repairs and modifications, etc. The position may also include the maintenance of Ground Support Equipment, stores and warehouse duties as well as some administrative work.
- Make repairs, troubleshoot problems, conduct inspections and make upgrades to aircraft. Daily duties may include keeping records of and performing scheduled maintenance, making emergency repairs, or preparing for internal/external audits/inspections;
- In addition to the maintenance aspects of the job, the Licensed Engineer will also have an administration function and is responsible for checking and ensuring that the aircraft documentation is complete and in accordance with appropriate regulations and the company procedures;
- The engineer will actively be involved in both line and base maintenance and will have a pro-active and flexible approach and will at times be expected to work away from base;
- Perform additional duties as may be assigned in the Engineering department;
- Be flexible in working hours as determined by company policy.
Skills, Minimum Qualifications & Working Experiences
- Proven work experience as a LAME, expertise in daily aircraft maintenance procedures and best practices, strong decision making and problem-solving skills, excellent communication skills. High intermediate (or advanced) level of both written and spoken English language.
- Licensed ICAO Aircraft Engineer B1, B2 or B3.
- At least 5 years of experience as Licensed Engineer in an approved Part 145 Organization, preferably on general aviation aircraft.